Monday 28 May 2007

My New Life

Windy. Rainy. Cold. Must be Bank Holiday Monday.

Indeed it is, my friend. And this has been my only chance to check with you in any detail all week. Literally.

I have a horrible feeling that this is how it's going to be from now on. My new job started this week, and I knew it would be busy. But I don't think I realise quite how head-explodingly busy it was going to be.

The problem is not the new show (weekdays, 1500-1800, www.premier.org.uk), but rather the fact that I am also second-in-command. The reality of this means that I spend all my mornings in one of the following ways...

a) Endless, back-to-back soul destroying meetings.
b) One long, soul destroying meeting.
c) Running around, tearing my hair out, attempting to sort out a problem that has arisen.

That lasts about 3 hours, after which I have no real time for lunch, and have to dive head-long into preparing for the show. Then we do the show. Then we record a trail for the next show. Then I go home. Sleep. And do it again.

So, I apologise my friends, for not being your ever-present companion. But I will do what I can to keep you posted, so please keep popping back.

And if you have a moment to send me lunch, I'd be very grateful

No comments: