Wednesday 30 May 2007

Help Me. I'm Scared...

Today is a day that could easily spell the end of my summer - even before it's begun.

Big Brother kicks off this evening, and about this time every year I mumble something about how I'm not going to get sucked in. I'm not going to watch it. I'm not going to waste weeks and weeks of my summer watching the very cesspool of human existence playing up to cameras and being embarassing.

At least, that's what I say every year. For about three days. And then I watch out of curiousness. And that's it. Is it the autumn already?

I feel like I have a fighting chance of not getting sucked into the launch show tonight, by virtue of the fact that it clashes with that wondrous piece of reality television, The Apprentice, and I'm fairly confident, even at this stage, that I'll be watching Sir Alan rather than Davina. But that won't help me tomorrow.

I don't even really enjoy watching Big Brother. The housemates are usually pretty repulsive, and I can't say I even look forward to it being on. But once I'm sucked in - I can't help it. I'm like a druggie dying for his next hit. When he gets it, he doesn't really enjoy it, but all he feels is relief that he's no longer craving.

Help me. Please.

No comments: