Wednesday 28 March 2007

Baa-rking!

When I first saw this story, my mind immediately travelled to a good friend of mine who comes from Wales, but now lives in New Zealand (and I happen to know is a regular reader of this fine blog). I don't know why. He has never, to my knowledge (and although he is Welsh) co-habited with even one sheep. But isn't it funny how the mind works?

The web is a great source of fairly pointless, but endlessly entertaining news stories, quite a few of them about people living with an awful lot of animals, knee-deep in faeces. What I particularly like about this one is the fact that it involves sheep. We've all seen similar stories where people live with thirty cats, or lots and lots of dogs. But sheep? Well, they're...big. Where does he live? Whipsnade?

My favourite line of the story has to be "The sheep, which Mr Watts occasionally walked around the neighbourhood on a leash...". Nice picture. Imagine the pooper-scooper.

But at least he kept a sense of propriety about it. As the Sergeant quoted in the article says, "He lived upstairs, and the sheep were living downstairs". Oh, they were on seperate floors? I didn't realise! That's fine then!

I love Americans. And they love sheep.

No comments: