Thursday 22 March 2007

Crazy Weather

I'm sorely tempted to move abroad.

Last week was glorious. The sun was shining, the temperature was warm. Heck, I even came to work most days without my jacket. Amazing. I was struggling to find somewhere to secrete my iPod on the train.

This morning, it was snowing. Snowing, of all things. Quite a blizzard too. I could have been carrying one hundred iPods. I wasn't though, obviously. That would be stupid. I've only got two ears.

I don't mind cold weather. I don't mind warm weather. I wouldn't want it warm all the time, but nor would I want it cold all the time.

You see, that's the good thing about seasons. Sometimes it warm, sometimes it's cold, but generally speaking, you know where you are.

But then, when it's glorious one week and snowing the next, you have to ask yourself, when's the next flight to the caribbean leaving? I suppose we only have ourselves to blame. It's probably global warming caused by all this modern technology of ours, messing with the seasons. Mind you, it didn't seem very warming to me.

Anyway, regardless of weather, this evening I'm tucking myself up at home. Gillian's out, and assuming Lucy goes to bed ok (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Sorry.), I will be relaxing in front of the new series of House which kicks off tonight. Lovely.

Either that or she'll scream and I won't get to see any of it. In which case, I might have to rely on a kindly, but copyright-busting, you-tuber.

Isn't technology a wonder? Apart from making it snow at funny times, obviously.

No comments: