Tuesday 13 March 2007

What A Load of Meatballs!

Have you ever been told that something was about to happen to you that has lead to you dreading the event in question for sometime?

That event for me happened yesterday. Furniture shopping.

I normally don't really mind furniture shopping, but yesterday we went to the worst furniture shop the world has to offer. I won't tell you which one it is, but I will tell you that it's Swedish and rhymes with pikea. Cryptic, I know.

Now, I do like the products. Solid. Dependable. Relatively easy to put up, even. But the experience of shopping there is one designed to make you want to take your own life in the car park. Mind you, it's so busy, even if you did, people would probably just think you were reserving a space.

I was pleased to see that the recent refurbishment in said store now means that you can actually take your trolley to your car, instead of having to leave the trolley (yes, leave it!) at the shop, go and get the car, and drive to the loading bay, realise you've left the receipt with the trolley which grants you access to the loading bay, go and repark the car somewhere near the Shetland Islands, go back to the store, collect the receipt and start again. So thank goodness that doesn't happen anymore. And they are good at catering for the kids. Lucy, my one year old, made some little friends over lunch.

My real problem with the place is that, you wander round the showroom, noting the furniture you want, then to get to the warehouse bit where you collect the goods, you have to go through the "marketplace" full of stuff that you don't need but almost always buy. I got a cheese grater. I don't need a cheese grater - I've already got one. And the one I've already got IS FROM THE SAME SHOP!!!

Then you get to the warehouse and realise that the item of furniture you wanted is out of stock. As happened to us yesterday. So you then hike the seven miles back to your car. With a cheese grater.

Mind you, the meatballs are nice.

Speaking of food, after making an apology last week on this very blog regarding this, I was wondering around the supermarket yesterday (before all the furniture shennanagins) and saw some Reggae Reggae Sauce on the shelf. Before I knew it, it was in my trolley. I suddenly had an overwhelming compulsion to have some in my house.

Now I've got it, I must confess to not being at all sure what to do with it. Perhaps an accompanying recipe book is in order. Reggae Reggae Recipes, anyone?

I wonder what it would be like with meatballs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work, Dave.

Why not share your recipes at the Reggae Reggae Blog? (http://reggaereggaeblog.blogspot.com)