Saturday 3 February 2007

Taking It For Granted

Sleep. A simple thing, isn't it. Not complicated. At night, when tired, you sleep. You wake up, do the day, and go to sleep again at night. Fine.

At least, that's how it used to be. Last night, sleep was but a fleeting wish to me. And, indeed my wife.

I love my daughter. She's fabulous. Her giggle, her smile, her big sloppy kisses. When she waves, when she claps. Even when she's screaming, I love her to bits and pieces.

But last night she didn't get to sleep until about 2. And I got up shortly afterwards to host a radio breakfast show. Bizarrely, it went quite well. Perhaps I should sleep less often. Actually forget that. Don't tell my daughter I said it.

So my message to you, if you are young and without children is simple. You are probably up all hours, going to pubs and clubs and having a great time with friends. I used to stay up late a lot too.

But you've got it wrong. Sleep. Sleep while you still can...

No comments: